$72,000 to $108,000 per year
- Paid vacation + 10 paid holidays
- Health and dental insurance
- Matching contributions to Simple IRA
- Bonuses based on company performance
- Flexibility in remote working arrangements
DGCD is seeking an innovative and enthusiastic electrical and software design engineer with several years of experience developing embedded software and working with electrical products. The ideal candidate enjoys developing novel products and collaborating in a dynamic and versatile working environment. The position will focus on embedded software development in collaboration with hardware development. It could also include some circuit design, board/system turn-on and debugging, and close interaction with customers.
DGCD has thrived in the new hybrid working world while maintaining a strong sense of teamwork and fun. Our small size allows for individual flexibility and expression while meeting company goals.
Candidates with an EE or ECE degree who have several years of experience, like to design new things, enjoy learning, are not afraid to get outside their comfort zone, are team oriented, and who are happy to engage with customers are ideal for the position.
- Work as part of a cross-functional engineering team to develop new products
- Architect SW solutions for new product specifications
- Collaborate with multiple external partners
- Work individually and as part of a team
- Develop embedded SW on a variety of microprocessor and/or single-board computers and provide value added engineering expertise
- Understand, learn about, and develop code for a variety of protocols and devices using standard programming languages
- Participate in turn-on and debug of designs
- Work with newly developed embedded code to support the product code development
- Test, debug, and iterate to go from development to production
- Engage customers with confidence, friendliness, and a collaborative attitude as a regular part of the job
Any of the following is also a plus:
- Experience with FPGA programming (VHDL/Verilog)
- Database development and/or cloud-based computing
- Project management experience
- Highly motivated and flexible designer who takes joy in designing and problem solving
- Excited to learn new skills
- Willing to work in a fast-paced, dynamic, and fluid environment
- Keen sense of duty, a desire to accomplish assigned tasks, and the ability to persist through tough problems to find solutions to difficult problems
- Good communication skills and a strong ability to engage positively with customers
- Friendly and team-oriented working attitude including design collaboration, involvement in design reviews, and maintenance of a productive work environment
- BS/MS in EE, EE-CS
- Knowledge of embedded SW and a willingness to work alongside FW engineers
DGCD is a Fort Collins, CO-based company specializing in electronic and SW product development services. The engineering team is seeking to hire an electrical engineer with a background or experience in software and/or firmware development to integrate into a small technical team and to support a wide variety of product development projects.
Qualified candidates should have a minimum of a BS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or Computer Engineering with a solid understanding of, and prior experience in, product development from concept through to manufacturing launch. This role is for a local and agile designer who can produce tangible results while working very well with customers and contributing to a friendly team environment.